Monday, July 12, 2010




Since it's summer and all of us have hidden the foundation, I thought it would be nice to write about tinted moisturizers. These are the ones I have used:


Urban Defense Tinted Moisturizer :Urban Defense feels and looks natural and doesn’t feel greasy. It absorbs and dries down quite fast, and if you have very, very dry skin, you’ll still want to use a moisturizer first before layering this on. However, even though it feels lovely on, it does have a bit of a dewy finish. In real life, I think it reads dewy, but in photos, I found it made me look oily. Either way, I still preferred it with a dusting of translucent setting powder on top! It also lasted me six hours or so without ever looking greasy or fading which was definitely nice!
[These photos aren't mine because I wanted to show you a swatch of every shade.]





Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer from Stilla : The color was a perfect match for my skin.The product blended seamlessly with my skin, and though it seemed thick, it didn’t feel heavy to wear. (It was just the teensiest bit sticky, though.)It lasted all day without melting off . In fact, my only disappointment with this product came in the matte finish. I love a little subtle shimmer in my tinted moisturizer to give my skin a glowing effect, but I’m sure lots of you girls would prefer the matte look anyway.

Lancome Aqua Fusion My favorite part about this tinted moisturizer is the coverage it gives. It still has an amazingly lightweight feel, but it delivers more than sheer coverage–I’d even go as far as to say light-medium (not quite medium). It covered some healing acne and post-acne marks on my face and gave me a lovely, natural finish. I also love that this moisturizer absorbs and sinks in quickly and doesn’t leave behind a dewy finish. It has a nearly matte finish, so it’s great for my oily-skinned friends, in particular.Even though I love, love the feel and coverage of the product, there are a few noteworthy drawbacks. If you’re pale, I don’t know if you’re going to find a good match.I’d also prefer to see broad-spectrum protection here, because it is moisturizing enough (without being heavy or greasy) to be worn without an additional moisturizer, but since it lacks UVA protection, you’ll need to use another product to get sun protection.



Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer : When I first tried the tinted moisturizer I loved it, I thought it was very light and they had some great shade choices. Then summer rolled around and the makeup only lasted about 2 hours before it started to either completely rub off, or just looked bloched. If you're not looking for full coverage and want that 'glow' where it gives you a bit of a shine, buy this. I like full coverage. Also I have heard that it's not very good for dry skin because you might have break outs because of it. I feel like this is an overrated product, since everyone on you tube talks about it. But hey..it's just my opinion.

Cover Girl Smoothers:The moisturizer has blended really well but I've found if you put on a very thin light coat, do your eyes, and then come back and dab on another thin coat of moisturizer it blends even better and comes out looking more even all around then when I just put on one thick coat to start out with it. It's definitely made my skin softer and smoother to the touch, especially my chin and forehead. My forehead also doesn't get as shiny as when I only use pressed powder. The moisturizer is also absorbed into the skin really quickly so you don't have to wait before applying blush and any other make-up you might use.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Tinted Moisturizer: I know Kiehl's works to incorporate lots of natural ingredients in their products and it has an spf of 15 so I got a sample of their tinted moisturizer in Light. (They come in 3 shades: Light, Medium, and Dark) So on a freshly washed face, I dabbed it on all over my face and worked it in.It looked like I had a mask on.It felt good on my skin and went on smooth and light, no pun intended. I liked those things about it very much. It just wasn't the perfect shade for me .So I DO feel that it is a good product, it's just not a good look for girls with pale skin. Unfortunately, after I have tested the product, i've thrown away the packaging so I don't have any photos for you girls..sorry about that :(

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancers: This product can be really good for some of you and very bad for others. I have oily skin and it's very hard for me to find a moisturizer that doesn't make me break out. Neutrogena was very good from that point of view. But I don't need a lot of moisture, since my skin is never dry. If you have dry skin I wouldn't recommend it. Also, it has very very very light coverage. Unless you have beautiful skin already, it's not very useful. I know it's a tinted moisturizer, but I need some coverage, and Neutrogena wasn't as good as I expected it to be.


These are all tinted moisturizers I have tried. In my opinion, the best has been Stilla. Now I will make a list of all the others tinted moisturizers you can buy and the website where you can find more details about them. I haven't tried them yet because I don't feel the need to. But maybe there are some of you who want to test them. So here you go:



Korres Watermelon Lightweight Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P212710


Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer: http://www.smashbox.com/SHEER-FOCUS-TINTED-MOISTURIZER

Wet 'n' Wild Tinted Moisturizer: http://wnwbeauty.com/Product.php?Pid=48


Hard Candy’s Sheer Envy Tinted Moisturizer: http://www.hardcandy.com/products.php?cat=5#115




Physician's Formula Organic wear 100% Natural Origin Tinted Moisturizer: http://www.physiciansformula.com/en-us/productdetail/organic-wear-product/02154.html


Benefit You Rebel Tinted Moisturizer: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P20044

No comments:

Post a Comment